NARWA holds its meetings on the third Saturday of January, March, May, July, September, and November.
PRESCOTT COUNTRY CLUB
1030 Prescott Country Club Blvd.
Dewey, AZ 86327
- Members — FREE (except for the cost of lunch, about $10)
- Guests — After first meeting, $5.00
- SPECIAL PRICING FOR SPECIAL EVENTS--CONTACT US AT: email@example.com
- 10:30 a.m. - Doors open for socializing
- 11:00 a.m. - Noon - Morning Workshop
- Noon - 1:00 p.m. - Lunch and a brief NARWA business meeting
- 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. - Afternoon Workshop
BRAINSTORMERS meetings are for NARWA members, and are held on the third Saturdays in February, April, June, August, and October from 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. in various locations. In this small group setting, we use an open forum to explore plot and characters and brainstorm ideas to help stimulate the creative process.
- JULY 27, 2013, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., Special NARWA Meeting with guest speaker Laurie Schnebly Campbell. Note change in date. Also note this is a special event. All guests will be asked to pay $5. That price includes one free ticket to NARWA's July raffle basket. (Additional tickets will be available for purchase.)
An engaging, informative speaker, Laurie will deliver two hourlong workshops:
— The Alpha Male from Abe to Zeus: (from her description) Readers love alpha males. Yet writers sometimes find it tricky to create them without falling into stereotypes. What MAKES an alpha male? (It's more than just power.) What challenges does he face? (The answers will surprise you.) How can your hero take on solely the alpha-male traits you want? Get ready to find out ... and maybe to fall in love.
— Solo, Duet Chorus: Blending Personalities: Discover tools for shaping basic personalities into heroic, appealing characters who will naturally come into conflict with one another — and with themselves. After learning how to identify each personality type, participants explore the three subtypes that focus on Self-Preservation, Intimacy and Society ... ideal for creating conflict BETWEEN genuinely likable people.
- AUGUST 17, 2013, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., Brainstormers Meeting in Flagstaff
- SEPTEMBER 21, 2013, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., NARWA Meeting (TBA)
- OCTOBER 19, 2013, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., Brainstormers Meeting in Payson
- NOVEMBER 16, 2013, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., NARWA Meeting (Tami Cowden on character archetypes)
- DECEMBER 21, 2013, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., Brainstormers Meeting/Holiday Potluck